Getting new clients through your doors is important for growth, but retaining them long-term is where your revenues are truly made. A year-long membership is likely worth between $1,200 – $2,400 of revenue to you each year.
How can you make sure new athletes trying out your gym convert to long-term clients?
An experienced athlete will be looking for the right fit, making sure they like your coaching style and the gym culture.
But someone trying HIIT fitness for the first time is exploring whether this workout style is the right fit for them.
HIIT Fitness can be hard to fall in love with immediately, but the love is a true love, and once you’ve fallen you know your love will last for life. The key for new athletes is to:
- Get through that first week of sore muscles
- Create a habit of regularly attending
We’re going to tell you something that might sound a little strange, but hear us out. WOD Relief can help you retain new athletes by helping them through that first week of sore muscles and by creating a habit of regularly attending.
Get Through the First Few Weeks of Sore Muscles
As a trainer, coach, gym owner (or all three) you know that there’s no way to completely heal DOMS. There are ways you can help provide your body with the building blocks it needs to repair and rebuild muscle (fueling up with essential amino acids, drinking plenty of water, resting, etc.,) but your athlete is going to be sore until their body is healed, end of story. We can’t wave a magic wand and prevent your new athlete from getting sore from their first workouts, but we can help block the pain.
WOD Relief contains cinnamon and cayenne essential oils which interact with the nerves to act as a pain block to the brain. While it doesn’t completely eliminate pain or magically heal muscles, it can act as a pain block to help athletes feel less sore than they would otherwise be.
WOD Relief can help your athletes overcome their first weeks of sore muscle. We recommend loading them up with 4 or 5 sample packets and recommending they apply:
- In the gym after their workout. After their first workout, recommend they apply WOD Relief in the gym before going home. The heating and cooling sensation will trigger a “feel good/reward” sensation in their brains, will help them feel cool and refreshed after the workout, and can also help stimulate blood flow to help prevent them from getting too stiff on their drive home.
- 1-2 hours after a workout. We also recommend new athletes rub a little more WOD Relief on affected muscles 1-2 hours after their workout. This can help stimulate blood flow to the main muscle groups you worked and can help bring nutrients to the area.
- 60 minutes before bed. WOD Relief teen athlete and Fittest Teen on Earth 2017, Dallin Pepper, swears by applying WOD Relief before bed. During the 2017 games, WOD Relief was part of his pre-bed routine. He said it significantly helped combat soreness to help him prepare for the next day’s events.
- As needed for soreness. Warn your new athlete that they’ll probably feel sore for 2-3 days (or more) after their first workout. 24-36 hours post-workout is usually the most painful as muscles repair the micro tears from exertion. WOD Relief can help alleviate discomfort from this recovery stage and help prevent your new athlete from canceling their next workout.
Create a “Habit Loop” for Working Out
If you’ve never read The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg, you should. It discusses the intricacies of forming new habits. We won’t get too science-y on you, but it centers around something called the habit loop, which MIT researchers discovered was the core of every habit. This loop includes a cue, a routine, and a reward.
While there’s lots of discussion in this book about the importance of a cue (such as going to the gym at the same time every day), it also talks about the benefits of a reward after the workout. Especially if this reward is some type of tactile stimulation.
The idea is that if there is a tactile stimulation (such as the tingling sensation in your mouth from mint oil after you brush your teeth), that your body will start to crave that sensation which can help drive the routine of the habit.
WOD Relief can help fuel the habit of working out:
Encourage your new athletes to choose regular days each week to work out, such as Monday, Wednesday, and Friday before work.
Then encourage them to use WOD Relief after their workout.
WOD Relief will give them a tingling sensation that triggers feel-good and reward centers in their brain (not to mention it helps work as a pain block from sore muscles).
Your athlete will start to crave this tingling sensation after a workout, and will feel deprived or like “something is missing” if they skip their regularly scheduled workout.
Help Increase Your Client Retention with WOD Relief
Would you like to test WOD Relief’s affects on client retention in your gym? Order a POP box with free shipping and we will include enough samples for you to offer sample packets to each new client. Each POP box is $22/bottle and contains 12 bottles. These bottles can be sold in your gym for $29.99-34.99 each. For more information, feel free to contact us.